Love takes time. It needs a
giving and receiving, laughing and crying...
Love never promises instant gratification,
only ultimate fulfillment.
Love means believing in someone, in something.
It supposes a willingness to struggle,
to work, to suffer, and to rejoice.
Satisfaction and ultimate fulfillment are
by-products of dedicated love. They
belong only to those who can reach
beyond themselves; to whom giving
is more important than receiving.
Love is doing everything you can to help
others build whatever dreams they have...
Love involves much careful and active listening.
It is doing whatever needs to be done, and saving
whatever will promote the other's happiness,
security, and well-being. Sometimes, love hurts.
Love is on a constant journey to what others need.
It must be attentive, caring and open, both to
what others say and to what others cannot say.
Love says no with empathy and great compassion.
Love is firm, but when needed, it must be tender.
When others have tried and failed, love is the hand
in yours in your moments of discouragement
Love is reliable.
Love is a choice and commitment to others' true
and lasting happiness. It is dedicated to growth and
fulfillment. Love is not selfish.
Love sometimes fails for lack of wisdom or abundance
of weakness, but it forgives, knowing the
intentions are good.
Love does not attach conditions... Genuine love
is always a free gift.
Love realizes and accepts that there will be
disagreements and disturbing emotions... There may
be times when miles lay between, but love is a
commitment. It believes, and endures all things.
Love encourages freedom of self. Love shares positive
and negative reactions to warm and cold feelings.
Love, intimate love, will never reject others.
It is the first to encourage and the last to condemn.
Love is a commitment to growth, happiness,
and fulfillment of one another.
Back to the Top
through good times and bad.
through happy and sad.
Beside me you stand,
beside me you walk.
You're there to listen,
you're there to talk.
with pain and with tears,
I know you'll be there,
throughout the years!
Back to the Top
Among your small possessions
In a place all by itself
Is a gift I one time gave you
One heart upon your shelf
This gift takes little space up
And it's never in the way
I'd guess you never notice it
As you go about your day
You never have to move it
It goes every where you are
Just hovers in the background
But always not too far
But if you need some comfort
When things are not quite right
Take out the heart I gave you
It'll get you through the night
No matter where life's road leads
If fortune's promise proves untrue
One thing you'll take beyond this life's
The heart I gave to you.
© William G. Carrington 7/26/1996 - From the book
One Heart Beyond Tomorrow
Back to the Top
sung by Bette Midler
Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower, and you it's only seed.
It's the heart, afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance.
It's the dream, afraid of waking, that never takes a chance.
It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give.
And the soul, afraid of dyin', that never learns to live.
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
to the Top
* Falling in love
* Your first kiss
* Sweet dreams
* Having someone tell you that you're beautiful
* A special glance
* Laughing so hard your face hurts
* A hot shower
* Getting invited to a dance
* Holding hands with someone you care about
* Getting love notes in the mail
* Taking a drive down a country road
* Hearing your favorite song on the radio
* Lying in bed listening to the rain outside
* Hot towels out of the dryer
* Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price
* Chocolate milkshake
* A long distance phone call
* Watching a movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love
* A bubble bath
* Butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one special person
* A good conversation
* The beach
* Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter
* Midnight phone calls that last for hours
* Running through sprinklers
* Laughing for absolutely no reason at all
* A kiss on your forehead from the first & only boy you have ever loved
* Laughing at an inside joke
* Overhearing someone say something nice about you
* Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep
* Making new friends or spending time with old ones
* Playing with a new puppy
* Hugging the person you love
* Hot chocolate on a cold day
* Road trips with friends
* Swinging on swings
* Wrapping Christmas present while eating cookies and drinking eggnog
* Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time
* Making eye contact with a cute stranger
* Winning a really competitive game
* Making chocolate chip cookies
* Running through a fountain
* Riding a bike downhill
* The feeling you get the first time you step on stage
* Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends
* Wearing your boyfriend's shirt that still smells like his cologne
* Riding the best roller coasters over and over
* Watching the expression someone's face as they open a present from you
* Watching the sunrise
* Holding your newborn baby for the first time
* Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day
Back to the Top
Spread the Luv Greetings
Check out the Online Love Meter
Valentine's Day Pages
Greetings :: Victorian Wedding
Celebration of Love :: Valentine's Day
Val Pals :: Poetry & Verses ::
Back to the Top
Home || Spring || Summer || Autumn || Winter
St. Patrick's Day || April Fool's Day || Easter || Mother's Day
Memorial Day || Father's Day || Independence Day || Friendship Day
Labor Day || Back to School || Grandparent's Day || Columbus Day
Halloween || Election & Return Day ||
Christmas || Hanukkah || Nutcracker Ballet ||
New Year's Day || Martin Luther King, Jr. ||
Groundhog Day || Valentine's Day || President's Day || Mardi Gras
Arbor Day || Happy Birthday || Webrings || Awards || Flag Day
January || February || March || April || [May || June || July
August || September || October || November || December
©2000-06 all rights
January 07, 2006